Saturday, November 1, 2008

Kickin' off I Heart Bees

My bee infatuation started in 2007 when I stayed at a bee farm in the Philippines, and has taken on a life of its own ever since. Sometime in the spring, I applied for a leadership scholarship through O, The Oprah Magazine, by submitting a plan to teach beekeeping to women in Africa (probably through the Peace Corps) and then write a book about the experience.

I got the scholarship and was flown in June to New York (I got a travel scholarship as well), to join 80 other amazing world-changing women with their own ideas for how to make the world a better place. The event was called Women Rule and is featured in the November issue of O Magazine, and also online on Oprah's website here.

Anyway, I haven't done a whole lot to move forward with the project, as I'm trying to finish a novel I'm working on. However, I have an article forthcoming in Saint Mary's Magazine, that I'll post when it's available. For now, however, this blog is just dedicated to lovin' on bees.

No comments: